Minčeta Fortress opened its door, after 550 years, to the public. It was a great project by the Society of Friends of Dubrovnik Antiques.

Minčeta, an impressive fort, is a large circular tower with a massive battlement suspended by stone sup-porters.The first, smaller, quadrangular tower was constructed by Nikifor Ranjina in 1319.

The Florentine architect Michelozzo Michelozzi gave the monumental present time form to the Fort, which was completed in 1464 according to the design of the renowned Renaissance builder Juraj Dalmatinac.

Comments