In the heat of summer there is nothing nicer then a cool treat after a hard day at the beach. Paradizot is a favourite option in Dubrovnik, made using rum and chocolate it’s the perfect summer cooler!
– 1 l Milk
– 7 Eggs
– 7 spoons of sugar
– 1 small packet of vanilla sugar
– 1 Lemon
– 100g of butter biscuits
– cooking chocolate
– pinch of salt
1. Separate the egg yolks from whites, then add a little salt to the egg whites and mix until they form a firm mixture.
2. Put the milk in a shallow pan to cook, using a spoon, add the egg white mixture.
3. In the bottom of the dish that you will serve the desert in, place the butter biscuits and cover them with rum and grate the zest of the lemon on top.
4. When the milk and egg white mixture is ready pour on top of the biscuit base.
5. Then using a pan add the egg yolks and sugar together to make a foam.
6. Now slowly add hot milk to the mixture, stirring gently. Place to cook on a low light, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens ( but remains fluid like).
7. Gently pour the mixture in to the dish with the biscuits and egg whites.
8. Grate a generous amount of chocolate on the top and allow to cool at room temperature before placing in the fridge to set.
Serve straight from the fridge on a hot day.